Thursday, July 26, 2007

Doomsday


Tomorrow is the 27th of July... and on that day many many many years ago, a chubby, bald-headed, drooling baby was born. No it wasn't me.

Happy Birthday Wendee

I know she is having a great time at Barefoot Landing in Myrtle Beach right now. Her husband got her a tattoo.. and our mother is horrified!

Today is also the day we set the date for the wedding. It will be on 29 August. I am very excited.. and Michael? Well, I think he will survive (hehe).. provided he doesn't have to feed one more envelope for the announcements, or have anything to do with our printer for at least a year.

And I have officially quit eating... ok, I will officially quit when the Milka bar is gone. If I'm going to post our wedding picture here, believe me, you'll be glad. Unfortunately for me, this is the real meaning of Doom. Starvation. I've been sampling a little too much of the local cuisine since I've been here, though, and it's high time I get back on track anyway.

So I will say goodbye to Milka and noodles and bread.. and Michael's damned chocolate cappuccino (which is a sin all it's own)... Hallo! Vegetables! (I can hear my darling future husband groaning now! What is it with German men and their aversion to green, leafy things?)

Now I have to cut this entry short, 'cause I see my sister is online.. I guess it would be nice of me to wish the old witch a happy birthday. Hehe.

By the way, the above picture is the place we've chosen for the wedding..

3 comments:

J said...

Looks like a great place to get married!

By the way, do you know about the annual Whiney Expat Blogger in Germany Meet-Up?

(Whining is optional)

Anonymous said...

Update!

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Congratulations! If you need any help with planning, let me know. Have you found a dress yet? I am on the "wedding starvation diet" too:)