Thursday, June 14, 2007

Anonymous said..

I received a comment saying that today is the 14th of June and the person wanted to know if I am in Germany yet. Then I realized just how long it's been since I have posted anything... so I'm taking a few minutes to give everyone the current events.



Everything is still going well... Michael and I are going ahead with our wedding plans, which will take place in August. I am scheduled arrive in Germany on 22 June. Then I can get back to a regular blogging schedule :)



For the next 6 days, I will be mailing the last few items to Michael, picking up my wedding dress, and visiting my family and friends before departing. And as I get ready to begin anew, as I say my good-byes here, I also attempt to commit to memory all I know I will miss. It is a trade.. and Michael will smile when I say this is the deal.



I am very excited to finally be coming home to Deutschland.. home.. where my heart is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I asked whether you were in Germany because your last post stated you would be leaving around the 13th... I'll bug you again on the 23rd, LOL.

Dixie said...

I remember my big move to Germany - ten years ago this November. Never regretted it for a moment.

Check in with us when you get here!

Michelle said...

Good luck in your final state side days. For me they were the hardest part of the whole move so far. Been here a year and a half now and don't regret it at all but the goodbyes were awful.

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't forget to stock up on deodorant, aspirin/other painkillers, baking supplies, etc. Otherwise you will soon be posting "where do I buy xxxxx in Germany?"

Anonymous said...

It's June 22nd - Welcome to Germany!!!!

J said...

Yes, welcome to Germany. I hope your life here is everything you've ever dreamt of.