Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Back to One (Squared)


So.. the fun begins. Right after my last post, the keyboard on my new laptop went south again. Damnit!

Thankfully we have a 12 month guarantee, although what that means in a German world, I don't know.. Michael is in the process of seeing what to do about this small disaster .. and for him it IS a disaster. He cannot stand it when something isn't right, and feels compelled to fix anything that isn't working. (Maybe thats the East German in him, but I secretly think he has the heart of a tinker)

I've had to put it out of his line of vision to keep him from trying to fix it himself. He got a little miffed when I told him to leave it alone. I explained that if he messes with it, then the guarantee could be voided and we would be stuck with a fubar laptop. I think he understands, but its killing him..hehe.

My feeling right now is, if the company won't replace the laptop, then we return it and get our money back. Laptops are a dime a dozen, and we can find several more for the same price we've paid already.. so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, we're back using one computer.. damnit!

2 comments:

vailian said...

I am with you on the computer frustration... got a real lemon about 6 months ago, but it doesn't help to take it back because "Running REALLY slow!" and "The fan drives me nuts" don't count in terms of the warranty. Will be in the States in December and am seriously thinking of getting a Mac. Love that low dollar!

Anonymous said...

Please, give me link to download XRumer 7.0!!!
Thanks!

Always yours,
miss MW